It's been a crazy couple of weeks - let me fill you in (in no particular order).
So Friday night Russ put Iain to bed and had put some vaseline on this rash he's got on his shoulders. When Iain came in the next morning we were a bit amazed at how he'd managed to smear that little bit all over his hair. Until we walked into his room, noticed his sheets were all oily, and found the open (and now mostly empty) container of petroleum jelly next to the little stinker's bed. Oh, well, at least he's nice and moisturized now, right?
Later that day, while Russ had run up to campus to take care of an experiment, Iain and I made cinnamon rolls. I've been wanting to find an excuse to make these things since my sister posted the recipe, and I decided a hot, rainy, insanely muggy Saturday was as good an occasion as any. (Seriously - this is best recipe ever, even if I only made a glaze instead of the full-on frosting.) Iain sat very nicely on the chair near me while I rolled them out and even helped sprinkle cinnamon on. I love that he's actually helping and not just hindering now!
And, going back a bit further, it was our fourth anniversary on the 18th and we had a lovely day. We dropped Iain off with the nanny, went to the temple, and then went downtown and had some of the best falafels and doner kebabs I've had since I was in Israel. That man of mine sure knows how to woo me! And in an especially sweet touch, Russ wrote a song for me. And apparently he's been feeling extra creative, 'cause he wrote one for Iain, too.
Umm...I'll try to get some more pictures up soon. We've taken a few, but I just haven't managed to get them uploaded recently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I realized a couple of days ago that I forgot your anniversary. So belated happy anniversary! I am glad to hear it was a good one.
That is so exciting that Iain can help now! I'm very much looking forward to that day with Conrad. He's getting close, but for now it's mostly throwing everything in his cup and then dumping it on his lap. Someday.
Post a Comment