02 May 2009

Sometimes it really is the little things

that make us happiest. For instance, this evening I just spent 45 minutes or so sewing diapers and I'm happy as a clam. A bit of backstory on that - well, two kind of.

First, Russ bought me a sewing machine for Mother's Day this year (a bit early, but it was on sale), because I've been talking about how I'd like one for years and we've never had the space. We finally have the space, but we hadn't gotten around to it yet. So he surprised me with it earlier in the week. He's sweet that way.

Second, we've been using cloth diapers when we're at home (so about half of the time) since Iain was born (soooo much cheaper), but some of them have started falling apart. We've been doubling them up on an ad hoc basis, but it was getting to the very inconvenient point and more of them were getting retired to the rag bin even though they were mostly good still.

But now that I have my brand new sewing machine, I took 10 falling apart diapers and made five lovely, sturdy ones. I feel so domestic. Now if my laundry could just somehow get magically put away, I'd feel even happier. How did you spend your Saturday night?

Oh, and just so you all know - Russell is done with classes for the semester! Hooray! We're almost done!

1 comment:

Paige said...

It's so fun to get new toys-especially practical ones! How fun for you.