![]() |
| From Iain November 2008 |
So, I guess Iain didn't get the concept of being scary until exactly one week after Halloween. I still don't think that he really gets it, but he sure knows how to scare his old man. Yesterday morning, as I was preparing for class and watching over Iain, I had decided it was time to put him down for a nap. He looked pretty tired and was a little fussy so I thought it would be a good idea. So I put him down and closed the door and waited for the crying to begin. After about a minute he started making noise, but nothing that was very whiny, so I didn't think anything of it. However, after about 10 minutes he was still making noise and was starting to actually cry, so I decided I should probably check on him just to make sure that he wasn't stuck in the slats of his crib or anything. When I opened the door, a scene met my eyes that was...I don't know how to describe it. Some good words might be shocking, horrifying, down right cool. Iain had decided that this nap was the perfect time to stand up and look at the top rungs of his crib. That's right. Our little over achiever has started standing up in his crib now, along with pulling himself up on just about every piece of furniture we own. Now, if that wasn't bad enough, he has also started cruising using the furniture. We are scared now that he will be taking those first steps within the next month, which means he'd be walking pretty good by the time we go home for Christmas.

I guess we all knew that the day was coming that he would be standing up, but I was kind of hoping it would be at least a little bit longer. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am immensely proud of Iain and all the things he's doing so far, but dang, it's like we don't get to enjoy any phase before the next one comes along. At this rate, he'll be out of the house and in college by the time he's 12.... On second thought, maybe him being this advanced is ok.

2 comments:
time certainly does fly! I think that 6-18 months is my favorite stage. They learn all of the really exciting stuff, get their first teeth and all in such a short amount of time!
Wow! Only 7 months old. What a trooper! Conrad's cruising too (although I wouldn't be too disappointed if he waited longer than Iain to become mobile). Good luck. Hope the novelty of the boxes doesn't wear off too soon.
Post a Comment