28 October 2008

And the winner is...DADA

So, Amanda and I have been having a little friendly contest lately, since Iain has been so close to actually saying words, especially "mama" and "dada." We've both been trying to get him to say the one that would correspond to each of us, and until Sunday morning we had had very limited success. But that all changed when we were laying in bed trying to get up the gumption to actually get up and get ready. Iain had already woken up and was lying in bed with Amanda and I when the contest started again. I was saying dada while Amanda countered with mama. After a few minutes he kind of looked at me, and really quietly said dada. He repeated it a couple of times under his breath and really concentrating, so we're actually pretty sure that he meant to do it. If not, I'm still countng it as a victory in my book. He has actually repeated it since then a few times, mostly when he is annoyed or trying to get my attention, but now he is yelling it rather than the sweet little whisper. It's going to be fun once he actually starts speaking, though I have my fears that once he starts there will be no stopping him.
From Iain September-October 2008

1 comment:

Diana said...

Awwww! What an awesome little dude. Congratulations Dada for having the first word. I'm sure mama will come to him soon.